A child's diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes can be frightening and overwhelming. You're not alone—we're here to help you and your child every step of the way.
We provide comprehensive clinical and educational services for families dealing with Type 2 diabetes. Our diabetes education program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) for our excellent curriculum, service and access. We have a team of four Registered Dietitians and two Registered Nurses. Of our educators, five are Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE’s) by the ADA. Our program provides a comprehensive diabetes education curriculum, nutrition management and counseling to over 1000 children a year.
We give patients and families the support they need to understand, manage and tackle the challenges of diabetes. We have an onsite social worker who is available to provide additional support to our families and their children.
Our diabetes program offers a variety of classes that address the many aspects of diabetes. Education is provided in both individual and group class formats.
Additional services include:
- Classes about diabetes and obesity as well as insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian syndrome
- A specialized endocrinology nurse who helps with any injections or medication needs
- Telephone Triage—physicians are available by phone 24/7 to answer all your questions
- Healthy living and weight management classes as needed
- Educational classes to help you and your family thrive with diabetes including Diabetes Burnout for Teens. See our full list of classes.