Silverton Health has joined with Legacy Health. Silverton Health facilities now carry the Legacy name. For Silverton billing questions during this transition, visit the Silverton Health “Pay My Bill” page.
Information about your bill
Will the hospital bill my insurance?
Yes, if you have insurance and have given us your current insurance information, we will submit bills directly to your insurance company with our assignment of benefits so that payment can be made on your behalf. We will also be happy to bill more than one insurance for you. It is important to remember health insurance coverage varies and some services may not be covered.
- We allow 30 days from billing for your insurance to make payment. If your account is not paid within that time, we will ask you for assistance to obtain payment from your insurance company.
- You are responsible for charges not covered by your insurance, including deductible and/or co-payment, which are due at time of service.
- Your insurance handbook or insurance company can give you more information regarding your benefits.
- Your cooperation in giving complete and accurate information to the admitting personnel at each of your visits will help you get your insurance claim paid quickly.
What if I do not have insurance?
Legacy will provide eligible uninsured hospital patients who receive inpatient or outpatient medically necessary services from a Legacy hospital a discount from Legacy charges. To determine if you qualify for an uninsured discount, please call Legacy Patient Business Services at 503-413-4048, 360-487-4048 or 800-495-7076.
Will I receive an itemized bill of all services received?
In the interest of our environment and cost savings, itemized bills are not automatically mailed to all patients. However, you may request an itemized copy by calling the Patient Business Services office between 8 a.m. and 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday at 503-413-4048, 360-487-4048 or 800-495-7076.
- For Silverton billing questions, please call 844-874-2425 between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Will I need to pay a deposit for the services I receive?
Deposits may be requested at time of service.
Will the hospital bill include physicians services?
Not always. Many of the doctors and other providers practicing at Legacy, including emergency room physicians, anesthesiologists, radiologists, pathologists, surgeons and other specialists, are not employees of the hospital. You may receive separate bills from their private practices.
Notice of beneficiary financial liability for our Medicare beneficiaries
Legacy Health is an integrated health care delivery system that includes five hospitals and a number of clinics located throughout the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan area. Some of the clinics are considered “hospital-based” since they share the same licensure with a Legacy hospital. Others are considered “free-standing.”
The services or procedures you receive at Legacy’s hospital-based clinics may include a facility charge in addition to a physician charge. As the facility charge only applies to hospital-based clinics, you may pay more for certain outpatient services and procedures provided at our hospital-based clinics than you would at our free-standing clinics.
Will the hospital hold my account if the charges are the result of an injury?
No, Legacy cannot delay charges while liability claims or legal action is pending. Full payment remains the responsibility of the patient. Upon proper authorization, the hospital will make the records available to necessary parties.
What types of financial arrangements are available?
Financial arrangements are available if you do not have insurance or have a balance due after your insurance payment. Our payment options include:
- Payment in full. We accept major credit and debit cards.
- Three equal monthly payments.
- Monthly payment plan through Accent, Inc., subject to a minimum payment schedule.
For Legacy Health billing questions, please call our office between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 503-413-4048, 360-487-4048 or toll-free at 800-495-7076.
For Silverton billing questions, please call our office between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 844-874-2425.
We’re here to help.