Legacy Health Partners - News & Updates
Delivering value and improving health
Let’s talk about risk: building expertise one RAF score at a time
Detailed and consistent risk coding is key to better performance in all payor contracts, and especially in value-based agreements. Consistent coding that produces accurate Risk Adjustment Factor (RAF) scores enable our network to take advantage of shared savings and incentive dollars that come back to our practices.
Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) models of risk adjustment are beneficial beyond the financial perks that go along with high performance. Optimized risk adjustment practices give all providers involved in a patient's care better information to drive positive patient experiences and improved outcomes across the care continuum. Resources to care for patients are also impacted by risk adjustment.
Our Provider Outreach and Engagement Advisors partnered with quality improvement to come up with a few questions to gauge where our adult primary care practices are with risk coding, HCC and RAF. If you are an adult primary care provider, you can expect to hear more from your advisor in coming weeks about this topic if you haven’t already connected.
Please share as much information with us as you can to guide our prioritization of new resources and to help us facilitate pathways to additional support where needed. We are all learning, and we are looking for opportunities to both support and learn from one another.
Self-serve resources to suit the needs of beginners and anyone seeking a refresher on risk coding and adjustment are available.
- Watch our 12-minute Learning Module on Understanding Risk Adjustment for a primer on the basics.
- View a series of HCC Code Cards on our LHP Team Site.
- Look for content about HCC/RAF in the new Clinical Integration Education Program in E+ that launched on May 9.
Quality Corner: LHP Quality Award Applications
Maintaining Patient Centered Primary Care Home Recognition
Announcements, deadlines and reminders
- CI Education is now available in E+ for providers and administrators, due by September 30. Follow these instructions to access the education.
- Learning Modules are coming soon to E+ for providers, due by December 31.
- The LHP Team Site migrates to a new site in the coming weeks. This site will have a new look and you can continue to access all documents and resources related to LHP. We’ll announce once the new site is available so you can bookmark the new link. Keep in mind that once the new site is up, you may receive a ‘redirect’ message if you attempt to access links or content from our previous site.
- Please take a moment to tell us how you promote diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in your practice.