About Prostate Cancer
Understand your options for prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment.
What you need to know
Meet our providers
Understand your diagnosis
- Bone scan
- CT scan
Customized treatment plan
Because each person and every cancer is different, your doctor uses your tests and exams to come up with an individual treatment plan. How long this takes depends on how complex your case is and your treatment goals. During this time, you build a relationship with your cancer doctors. You become a team for your care.
Open, honest communication can only benefit your relationship with your doctors. These tips can also help you get the most from this partnership:
- Prepare in advance: Write down your questions ahead of your visits. A few examples of smart questions:
- Why are we doing these tests?
- Why do you think this treatment is right?
- What side effects might this treatment cause?
- Find trustworthy resources: If you’re looking to learn more, rely on this website or sources your team recommends, so you can make decisions based on good information.
- Take a partner: Bringing a friend or family member to appointments can make you feel more confident and help you remember important details.
- Active surveillance
- Surgery, including robotic-assisted prostate removal
- Hormone therapy
You are not alone. Legacy offers support throughout your cancer journey, as well as care for your emotional, social and spiritual needs.
American Society of Clinical Oncology: Prostate cancer diagnosis
National Cancer Institute: Prostate cancer prognosis and treatment options