Enhanced safety procedures
We are committed to your safety during your next mammogram
What you need to know
At Legacy Breast Health centers and mammography locations, your health and safety are our priority. We have new measures in place to help everyone be safe.
What changes can you expect when making an appointment?
Consistent with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state guidelines, we have made these changes for your safety and convenience:
- Scheduling is based on urgency. We may schedule some exams weeks away to make sure care is not delayed for patients who urgently need care. If you have concerning symptoms, talk to your doctor and let us know this when you make an appointment.
- During scheduling, we will ask whether you have a cold or flu-like symptoms.
When you arrive for your appointment
- Please wear a mask or face covering. Homemade masks are fine.
- When you enter our building, stop at the screener station to check in:
- We will take your temperature with a temporal scan.
- We will ask you a series of questions about any symptoms, potential exposure, and recent travel.
- We will give you a sticker to note you’ve passed our safety check.
- Please, no visitors or guests for your appointment.
What safety measures are in place?
We have always followed strong infection-control practices. To further improve safety during this time, we have:
- Increased disinfection of waiting rooms, dressing rooms and admitting areas
- Separated our waiting room furniture to promote physical distancing
- Spread out appointments to reduce waiting room crowding
- Installed plexiglass at admitting stations
- Taken steps to ensure separation between our clinics and hospitalized patients