Patient Resources and Education
Preparing for your first visit
Legacy looks forward to helping you live a better life. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to answer many of your questions.
Additionally, please download the following PDFs to bring to your first visit:
In preparation for your first visit
- Be prepared to show your insurance card and photo identification.
- Legacy Pain Management Centers do not prescribe medications at the first visit.
- You may need to provide a urine drug screen if opiates are being considered as part of your treatment plan.
- Please understand that your visit is an initial consult, and does not always indicate that we will provide ongoing care, treatment, and/or medication.
Here are some recommended books to read about the issues of pain and pain management:
- David Butler & Lorimer Moseley, (2013). "Explain Pain", Adelaide: Noigroup Publications.
- Margaret Caudill, (2009), "Managing Pain Before it Manages You", third edition. New York: Guilford.
- Jill Fancher, (2012), "Master Your Pain: A Comprehensive Science-based Method to Help You Live Well with Chronic Pain", Portland: Visceral.
- Jackie Gardner-Nix, (2009), "The Mindfulness Solution to Pain: Step-by-Step Techniques for Chronic Pain Management", Oakland: New Harbinger.
- John Kabat-Zinn, (1990), "Full Catastrophe Living", New York: Bantam.
- Ginevra Liptan, (2011), "Figuring out Fibromyalgia", Portland: Visceral.
- Adrienne Louw, (2013), "Why do I Hurt?", Minneapolis: OPTP.
- Gabor Mate, (2011), "When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection", Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons.
- Lorimer Moseley, (2007), "Pain Yarns. Metaphors & Stories to Help Understand the Biology of Pain," Minneapolis: OPTP
We accept most major health insurance plans. Our insurance staff is happy to assist you with your questions.
Before your appointment, we will contact your insurance carrier to check on your coverage.
Legacy Pain Management Centers:
- Legacy Good Samaritan: 503-413-7513
- Legacy Salmon Creek: 360-487-2700