Legacy Health implements visitor restrictions as COVID-19 cases continue to rise
PORTLAND, ORE. – Dec. 29, 2021 – Legacy Health is committed to the safety of its patients and staff. Based on this week’s updated COVID-19 case counts in counties served, Legacy is adjusting our visitor policy to restrict visitors in all hospitals and clinics. We are seeing a rise of COVID-19 in our community, and by restricting the number of people in our facilities to the minimum necessary, we reduce the potential for COVID-19 to spread to staff and patients. These restrictions are similar to those Legacy has put into place during other COVID-19 surges.
Effective today, Dec. 29, 2021, Legacy’s visitor policies are:
- No visitors for adult hospital patients.
- No visitors for adult outpatient clinics.
- Labor & Delivery patients will be allowed one visitor during their stay.
- Adult emergency department patients will be allowed one visitor until they are admitted for inpatient care.
- Pediatric patients in the emergency department or in inpatient or outpatient settings will continue to be allowed two visitors; these visitors must be parents or caregivers.
- Unity Center for Behavioral Health will continue to not allow visitors on adult units and does not allow visitors in its psychiatric emergency department. Pediatric patients will be allowed up to two visitors; these visitors must be a parent or guardian.
- Patients at end-of-life will continue to be allowed up to eight visitors.
- In outpatient ambulatory surgery settings, a patient may have a visitor come in at discharge for follow-up care instructions and pick-up.
- Patients with a disability will continue to have one support person, as required by law.
Legacy recommends that visitors at all hospitals be vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19.
About Legacy Health
Legacy Health is a locally owned, nonprofit health system driven by our mission to improve the health of those around us. We offer a unique blend of health services – from wellness and urgent care to dedicated children’s care and advanced medical centers – to care for patients of all ages when and where they need us across the Portland/Vancouver metro area and mid-Willamette Valley. With an eye toward a healthier community, our partnerships tackle vital issues such as housing and mental health. Legacy strives to help everyone live healthier and better lives, with the vision of being essential to the health of the region. For more information, visit www.legacyhealth.org.