- Legacy Health offers BLS Provider courses for Legacy employees and the community. CPR books are available on most nursing units and additional books are available at each class site.
- AHA BLS Provider – for an initial course, call 503-413-3702.
- AHA BLS Provider – for those with current BLS Provider certification attending a Legacy class, please see the schedule section below for available courses.
- Proof of current BLS Provider certification is required to attend a Legacy BLS Provider course. CPR cards expire on the last day of the month in which issued. Example: An issue date of 5/10/14 indicates an expiration date of 5/31/16.
- If your card has expired, you must take an initial CPR course (call 503-413-3702).
Registration and schedule
- Courses are approximately 3 hours long.
- No registration is required for Legacy renewal courses.
- BLS Provider update courses - 2020 class schedule.
- Skills validation sessions (participant must bring a completed online course certification to attend a session) - 2020 class schedule.
CPR – Basic Life Support instructor
- Legacy offers initial and update courses for CPR Basic Life Support (BLS) instructor classes - 2020 class schedule.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) training
ACLS classes are provided by the Institute for Health Professionals at Portland Community College. Class schedules, registration requirements and instructions are available on the Legacy intranet.
For additional questions, please call 503-413-3702.
Organ and tissue requestor training
The organ and tissue requestor courses prepare the participant with the knowledge and skills to work with families for organ, eye and tissue donation. This is a national program, sponsored by the Pacific Northwest Transplant Bank. To become a “requestor” each participant takes an initial course and renews annually through an online recertification course. Visit the Pacific Northwest Transplant Bank website for more information.