- Histologic proof or unequivocal cytologic proof (fine needle aspiration, biopsy or two positive sputa) of SCLC within 250 days prior to Step 1 registration;
- High-grade neuroendocrine carcinoma or combined SCLC and NSCLC is permitted.
- Post-chemotherapy restaging imaging must be completed no more than 56 days prior to Step 1 registration.
- For patients with extensive-stage small cell lung cancer who are being considered for consolidative thoracic radiotherapy after chemotherapy, concomitant administration of consolidative thoracic radiotherapy and protocol-specified prophylactic cranial irradiation with or without hippocampal avoidance is permitted.
- Zubrod performance status 0-2 within 30 days prior to Step 1 registration;
- Prior radiotherapy to the head or neck (except for T1 glottic cancer), resulting in overlap of radiation fields;
- Radiographic evidence of CNS metastases;
Please contact Legacy Oncology Research for additional study inclusion/exclusion information.