- Patients diagnosed with breast cancer and suitable for conserving surgery and whole breast radiotherapy, with a histological confirmation of carcinoma can be included in the study once a written informed consent is obtained. All patients should be available for regular follow-up (according to local policies) for at least ten years.
- Less than 46 years of age
- More than 45 years of age and with one or more of the following poor prognostic factors:
- a) Grade 3
- b) ER and/or PgR negative
- c) lobular carcinoma
- d) extensive intraductal component (EIC)
- e) lymphovascular invasion
- f) axillary nodal involvement
- g) more than one tumour in the breast but still suitable for breast conserving surgery through a single specimen
- h) any factor or a combination of factors that puts the patient at a higher risk of local recurrence as per the current local guidelines : e.g., those who need a tumour bed boost or those not suitable for TARGIT-Alone as standard treatment.
- Bilateral breast cancer at the time of diagnosis.
- Patients with any severe concomitant disease that may limit their life expectancy
- Previous history of malignant disease does not preclude entry if the expectation of relapsefree survival at 10 years is 90% or greater
Please contact Legacy Oncology Research for additional study inclusion/exclusion information.