The Young Driver Improvement course is a court remanded program that focuses on how following traffic laws are important for protecting human life. This course has a particular focus on young drivers and includes support and education for parents. Conducted by a trauma nurse, this three hour course illustrates the direct connection between abiding the law and reducing risk of trauma.
The course includes the following topics:
- The relationship between traffic laws and crash injuries.
- The significant impact crash-related trauma has on quality of life.
- Mitigating factors that affect traffic safety risks, injuries and careless safety habits.
- Skills and tools that develop ownership and responsibility for decisions behind the wheel.
- Skills and tools for the parents of the adolescent driver that are proven to increase driving safety.
- Current Oregon traffic laws and significant updates.
- Utilizing Graduated Driver Licensing as a tool for success.
- It is critical that parents make every attempt to attend this class with their child.
- Online registration in advance is required. Click here to search for class availability and to register.
- Classes fill up very quickly, so please register as soon as possible.
- You are required to submit payment at the time of registration. If you cannot register online, please call (503) 413-4960 or email us for assistance.
- A citation number is required at registration to receive a certificate of completion.
NOTE - If you must reschedule, please ensure that you remain within your compliance date with the court. Some courts require contacting them to reschedule. It is the responsibility of the individual to adhere to any restrictions and regulations set by the court.