SAFETY REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS
We are screening each person entering a Legacy facility for COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, runny nose, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or chills.
Physical distancing guidelines
- Please maintain physical distancing and keep at least six feet of space between yourself and others whenever possible.
- Some areas are unable to accommodate visitors because of limited space and the need to maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- Visitors must limit the places they go to in the facility to the patient’s room, the restroom and the cafeteria.
- All patients and visitors must wear a mask at all times. This includes public spaces. Consideration will be given to young children under age 2.
- Visitors who refuse to wear a mask will be asked to leave the building.
- For your comfort and safety, visitors and symptom-free patients should bring and wear their own masks.
- Patients and visitors without a mask will be provided one. If you have a latex allergy, please note that some of the masks we provide contain latex in the ear loops. We cannot guarantee that our masks are latex-free because of supply shortages caused by COVID-19.
- Patients and visitors should follow these mask safety tips
Hospital visitor restrictions
Under continued guidance from Public Health Authorities, Legacy continues to restrict hospital visitors to ensure patient, visitor and staff safety. The following visitors are allowed during this restricted phase:
One (1) same person for the hospital stay, age 18 or older, who passes health screening, may visit:
- All hospitalized patients,
- As support for a patient in the Family Birth Center,
- Accompany a patient in the Emergency Department,
- Accompany a patient to an outpatient procedure.
Two (2) same parents or direct caregivers for the hospital stay, who pass health screening, may visit:
- A pediatric hospitalized patient.
Please encourage visitors to connect with loved ones over the phone or through electronic communication.
Vendors are not allowed unless they are clinically necessary or have essential vendor appointments.
Clean your hands every time you enter or leave the hospital and any patient or exam room. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash with soap and water for 20 seconds.
Patients who are positive for COVID-19 or being evaluated for COVID-19 will not be allowed visitors, with specific exceptions outlined in our guidelines:
Hospital entrance restrictions
- Due to visitor restrictions, entrances to our hospitals are limited
- Please check the specific hospital page to download a campus map that shows which entrances are available
Requirements for approved visitors when visiting a hospitalized patient:
Approved visitors must meet the following requirements when visiting a hospitalized patient:
- Be healthy! You may not visit if you have symptoms of respiratory infection. If you start to experience symptoms, please leave the hospital.
- Be the only person visiting your patient during their stay. You may not switch out with another person.
- Stay in your patient’s room unless there is an emergency, you are going to the cafeteria or you need to use the restroom. Once you leave your patient’s room, you must leave the medical center. Visitors should not loiter on the unit or on campus.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) as instructed for each specific isolation status.
- Be 18 and older. Younger visitors will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances.
Note: No animals except for service animals are permitted at this time. The restriction includes pet therapy animals.
Violation of any of these rules may result in your removal from our facility.
How can I stay connected with family members or friends who are in the hospital?
We encourage family members and friends to use alternative ways to interact with patients during this time. Here are some ideas:
- Use FaceTime, Skype or other video chats to connect
- Talk on the phone, if even just for a few minutes can make everyone feel connected
- Use chat to share memes and the latest news
- Schedule Google Hangouts for the whole family
Event & meeting restrictions
- Legacy Health will limit the number of events held on our properties until further notice.
- Event organizers will contact registered attendees with more information.
- For updates on Legacy Health’s Office of Philanthropy & Community Engagement events, please click here.