YOUR RADIATION THERAPY CARE TEAM
Experts at using advanced medicine to treat cancer.
Your radiation therapy care team
When you receive radiation treatments at Legacy Cancer Institute, a whole team of specialists works together to develop a personal treatment plan to manage symptoms and side effects.
We coordinate your care and your appointments to make it as easy as possible on you and your family.
Our nurses, therapists and social workers help you manage the physical, emotional and practical effects of cancer on you and your family.
Find your location
Radiation oncology specialists
Your treatment is lead by a radiation oncologist, a board-certified doctor who specializes in treating cancer with radiation.
Mark Schray, MD, medical director, Legacy Radiation Oncology, Legacy Cancer Institute
Andrew Kee, MD
Misa Lee, MD
Won Lee, MD
Kathryn Panwala, MD
Emily Seery, N.P
Other care team specialists
Treating cancer with radiation is complex. An expert team makes the most of your cancer treatment.
Your radiation team has many specialists, including:
- Radiation oncology nurse: A registered nurse who has special training and certification in cancer care related to radiation therapy
- Radiation therapist: A specially trained technician who administers the radiation treatment
- Radiation physicist and medical dosimetrist: Specialists who work with the doctor to create an treatment plan for each patient. They also calculate the radiation doses and monitor the treatment equipment through our rigorous quality program.
- Oncology social worker: An oncology-certified social worker who meets with you and your family to discuss support services and counseling and makes referrals as needed
- Dietitian: A registered dietitian who can help you manage your diet during and after treatment and cope with challenges in appetite. Your nutrition is important for overall good health.
Working together for you
Our cancer experts work together with a common goal: delivering the right care for you.
A range of specialists collaborate regularly in meetings called tumor boards to agree on the best plan for specific cancer cases. Your treatment plan is made just for you, depending on your general health, your age, your particular cancer and its growth.
Learn more about chemotherapy
Nutrition during treatment
Oregon American Cancer Society: Free wigs and more
Oregon American Cancer Society: Self-care during chemoCancer.gov: Chemotherapy and you
Find your locationLegacy's services are part of the OHSU Knight-Legacy Health Cancer Collaborative. This collaboration with OHSU has many treatment locations across the Portland-Vancouver metro area. Find one near you.
You are not alone. Legacy offers support throughout your cancer journey, as well as care for your emotional, social and spiritual needs.
Legacy Cancer Healing Center
Support groups and classes