Cancer Classes and Groups
Helping ease your journey.
The Legacy Cancer Institute provides a range of groups and classes to support you and your family through the diagnosis, treatment and recovery of cancer. These support groups and classes provide ongoing education, activities and emotional support for individuals whose lives are touched by cancer. Our holistic approach sets us apart, because we understand that you have a life, not just a diagnosis.
Our current class and group schedule
Special virtual events
- Coping with Fear of Cancer Recurrence - February 27, 2024
- Busting Myths of Breast Cancer and Food (co-sponsored by Breast Friends) - March 6, 2024
- Managing Hormonal Therapy Symptoms for Breast Cancer Survivors - June 24, 2024 (registration opens Spring 2024)
- For recordings of past events, visit the Legacy Health - YouTube and search 'cancer'
Movement and exercise
Before attending a virtual or in-person movement class, you must have your doctor fill out a Physician Release Form. You will review the completed form with the instructor before your first class, during a short orientation. Click the links below for more info and to register.
|Gentle Yoga with Addie (Salmon Creek)
|Yoga with Patti (Mount Hood)
|Qigong & T’ai Chi with Wendy
|Yoga with Patti (Good Samaritan)
|Pilates with Martha
Art therapy and writing
For more information about Art Therapy at the Legacy Cancer Healing Center, please visit the Art Therapy webpage.
Finding Center: Virtual Art Marking for Mindfulness & Stress Reduction
Expressions of Healing: In-Person Art & Community for Adults with Cancer
Return to Self: Exploring Grief and Resilience Through the Creative Process
*NEW* Meditation for People Who Can't Sit Still
|Forest Bathing or Shinrin-Yoku
|Yoga Nidra for Deep Relaxation
Cancer support groups
Support Groups offer peer-to-peer support and education for adults coping with diagnosis, treatment and recovery from various cancers. Virtual groups are held on-going monthly, in a drop-in format. Contact staff below with questions and for virtual meeting link.
|Breast Cancer Support Group
|Prostate Cancer Support Group
|Woman’s Advanced and Metastatic Support Group
|Head and Neck Cancer Support Group
For more information
- Click here to sign-up for e-mail updates about our groups and classes. We send updates when our new schedule comes out every 6-months. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Our classes and groups are offered for FREE to those affected by cancer, thanks to generous donations to the Cancer Funds of the Legacy Health Foundations. Thank you for supporting our work!