Cancer Classes and Groups
Helping ease your journey.
Legacy Cancer Institute provides a range of groups and classes to support you and your family through the diagnosis, treatment and recovery of cancer. These support groups and classes provide ongoing education, activities and emotional support for individuals whose lives are touched by cancer. Our holistic approach sets us apart, because we understand that you have a life, not just a diagnosis.
Our current class and group schedule
- Cancer Superfoods - March 18, 2023 (hybrid)
- Cancer Superfoods - May 1, 2023 (in-person)
- Female Sexual Health and Intimacy After Cancer - recorded November 2022
- Male Sexual Health and Intimacy After Cancer - recorded January 2023
- Sexual Health and Intimacy Issues Affecting Couples After Cancer - recorded February 2023
Movement and exercise
Before attending a virtual or in-person movement class, you must have your doctor fill out a Physician Release Form. You will review the completed form with the instructor before your first class, during a short orientation. Click the links below for more info and to register.
| Gentle Yoga with Addie (Salmon Creek)
|| Yoga with Patti (Mount Hood)
|Qigong & T’ai Chi with Wendy|| Yoga with Patti (Good Samaritan)
| Pilates with Martha
Art therapy and writing
Words for Healing: Writing Workshops
Finding Center: Fridays with Margaret
In-Person Finding Center with Blair at Mount Hood
In-Person Finding Center with Blair at Good Samaritan
Return to Self: Exploring Grief and Resilience Through the Creative Process
Gong Meditation at Meridian Park
Yoga Nidra for Deep Relaxation
Forest Bathing or Shinrin-Yoku
Cultivating Courage: An Empowering Series for Cancer Survivors
Cancer support groups
Support Groups offer peer-to-peer support and education for adults coping with diagnosis, treatment and recovery from various cancers. Virtual groups are held on-going monthly, in a drop-in format. Contact staff below with questions and for virtual meeting link.
| Breast Cancer Support Group
|| Prostate Cancer Support Group
|Woman’s Advanced & Metastatic Group
Gynecological Cancer Support Group
|Head and Neck Cancer Support Group
||Brain Tumor Support Group
For more information
- Click here to sign-up for e-mail updates about our groups and classes. We send updates when our new schedule comes out every 6-months. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Our classes and groups are offered for free to those affected by cancer, thanks to generous donations to the Cancer Funds of the Legacy Health Foundations. Thank you for supporting our work!
- Questions? E-mail email@example.com, or call 503-413-7284.