Your Medical Oncology Care Team
Experts at using advanced medicine to treat cancer.
Your medical oncology care team
When you receive medical oncology treatments at Legacy Cancer Institute, a whole team of specialists works together to develop a personal treatment plan to manage symptoms and side effects. Your treatment is lead by a medical oncologist, a board-certified doctor who specializes in treating cancer with medicine.
We coordinate your care and your appointments to make it as easy as possible on you and your family.
Our nurses, therapists and social workers help you manage the physical, emotional and practical effects of cancer on you and your family.
Katharine Barford, M.D.
Maggie Conser, FNP
Mei Dong, M.D.
Fred Ey, M.D., FACP
Xing-Yue (Shawn) He, M.D.
Annie Hung, M.D.
Ted Huang, M.D.|
Catherine Kefer, N.P.
Bonnie Kittleson, N.P.
Aimee Kohn, M.D.
Lisa Radcliff, DNP, FNP, AOCNP
Michaelann Liss, D.O.
Apurva Pandey, M.D.
Lisa Pusateri, N.P
Natallia Suvorava, M.D.
Frank Santoli, M.D.
Meredith Schaffner, D.O
Katie Shine, N.P
Gary Takahashi, M.D., FACP
Nagendra Tirumali, M.D.
Phoebe Trubowitz, M.D.
Jacqueline Vuky, M.D.
Kevin Yee, M.D.
Monique Ying, P.A.
Other care team specialists
Treating cancer is complex. An expert team helps you make the most of your treatment. Your team has many specialists, including:
- Oncology nurse: Nurses who specialize and/or have certification in cancer. These nurses have many roles.
- Nurse navigator: A nurse who works with the patient and the family to make sure they successfully move through all of the care needed curing cancer treatment.
- Oncology social worker: An oncology-certified social worker meets with you and your family to discuss support services and makes referrals as needed.
- Pathologist: A doctor who studies diseases. In cancer care, the pathologist often looks for cancer cells in body tissue.
- Dietician: a registered dietitian who can help you manage your diet during and after treatment and cope with challenges in appetite. Your nutrition is important for overall good health.
Working together for you
Our cancer experts work together with a common goal: delivering the right care for you.
A range of specialists collaborate regularly in meetings called tumor boards to discuss the best plan for your care. Your treatment plan is made just for you, depending on your general health, your age, your particular cancer and its growth.
You are not alone. Legacy offers support throughout your cancer journey, as well as care for your emotional, social and spiritual needs.
Legacy Cancer Healing Center
Support groups and classes
Learn more about chemotherapy
Nutrition during treatment
Oregon American Cancer Society: Free wigs and more
Oregon American Cancer Society: Self-care during chemoCancer.gov: Chemotherapy and you