Services > Adult Services A-Z > Orthopedic Services > Services and Treatments > Sports Medicine > Concussion Services > Specialists In Sports-Related Concussions
A range of tests for concussions
For sports-related concussion in children, teens and adults, Legacy Health offers a range of help:
- Baseline testing before the start of a sport season, school year, or other activity. See below for more about our computerized system.
- Evaluation after a concussion
- Clearance for return to school, work, sports and play
Concussions can be difficult to detect, and some athletes of any age may not want to admit that they may have a concussion.
Legacy uses a special computerized tool, known as ImPACT, for assessments:
- Baseline test – Given before the start of a sport season, school year, or other activity. Baseline scores are collected. We may recommend doing the baseline test every two years.
- Post-injury test – Given when a concussion is suspected. Test results are compared to baseline scores or normal scores to assess the injuries extent. The test may be given several times during treatment and rehabilitation.