Professional Resources & Education
Legacy Trauma is here for you
At Legacy Trauma Services, we pride ourselves on being an all-inclusive trauma resource for not only the Portland metropolitan area but also throughout the Pacific Northwest. The core of our philosophy is the provision of exceptional care to all trauma patients. We do this through direct patient care, but also through training, outreach, education, and research. Legacy Trauma Services acts as a resource to hospitals, students, and pre-hospital providers throughout the Pacific Northwest for questions, training, education, and consultations.
For trauma questions, trauma training and courses, patient transfers or any trauma surgeon consultations – don’t hesitate to reach out to us at any time!
Trauma outreach & professional education
- Trauma & Emergency Grand Rounds – virtual. many topics available
- 2nd Thursday of the month 12p-1p.
- “Ask the Trauma Surgeon” – in person or virtual Q&A session
- Meet & Greet with Trauma Medical Director and/or Trauma Surgeons – in person or virtual
- Q & A with Trauma Nurses – in person or virtual
- Shadow a LEMC Trauma Resuscitation Nurse – Limited spaces available.
- Case Reviews – in person or virtual
- Simulation Based Skills Training – Nursing, LIP, or Multi-Disciplinary foci available
- Special Topics in Trauma – in person or virtual. Nursing, LIP, or Multi-disciplinary foci available
- Stop the Bleed and Stop the Bleed Instructor Training
- Rural Trauma Team Development Course – in person
- Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses Certification Course
- Legacy Emanuel
- Please contact to discuss outreach ATCN courses hosted at your facility
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification
To inquire about any trauma educational outreach contact: Tiffany O’Byrne, Trauma Nurse Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org