Why health care?
Health care workers are always in high demand. Great starting salaries, flexible schedules, excellent benefits and rewarding work days make it a sought-after field.
Is a health care job right for you?
If you are dedicated, patient, compassionate and enjoy helping people — a health care job might be right for you. Many health care jobs also call for experience with science, advanced technology and computers.
These resources can help you decide:
- Annual career fair for high school students
- Health care career presentations throughout the Portland-Vancouver-Willamette Valley area.
- A variety of recruitment partnerships.
- Tours and job shadowing for students who attend one of our partner schools.
- Financial assistance for graduating high school seniors and current health care workers who want to continue their education.
Oregon State Board of Nursing
A sampling of health care jobs:
Clinical — Nursing:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Nurse Practitioner (N.P.)
- Registered Nurse (R.N.) - Acute Care
- R.N. — Ambulatory/Outpatient
- R.N. — Critical Care
- R.N. — Emergency Department
- R.N. — Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- R.N. — Operating Room
Clinical & non-nursing patient care:
- Central Sterile Technician
- Emergency Department Technologist
- Laboratory Technician
- Logistics Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Technologist
- OB Technician
- Occupational Therapist
- Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist and Physical Therapy Aide
- Polysomnography Technician
- Radiologic Technologist
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Surgical Technologist
- Ultrasound Technologist
- Unit Secretary
- Administrative Assistant
- Applications Systems Analyst
- Benefits Specialist
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Financial Analyst
- Help Desk Specialist
- Human Resources Generalist
- Marketing Consultant
- Public Relations & Communications Specialist
- Recruitment Consultant
- Security Officer
- Social Worker
Devers pair has eye on expanding horizons
READ MORE >
Supportive friends reunited at Unity Center
READ MORE >