Information for Researchers
If you would like to request samples from the Legacy Tumor Bank, please review the procedure and documents below, complete all that are applicable, and return them to Danielle Osborne, PhD (email@example.com).
Request Letter Template (Microsoft Word Document)
Material Transfer Agreement (fillable PDF)
Data Field Checklist (fillable PDF)
Please also provide proof of IRB approval, if applicable.
If you have questions, please contact us at 503-413-5421
What to expect when submitting a specimen or data request to the Legacy Tumor Bank:
Make a specimen/data request via e-mail to Danielle Osborne, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the following documentation:
The Specimen Use Advisory Committee will review your request.
- Request letter (template provided)
- Signed Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
- Proof of IRB approval (if applicable)
- Data Field checklist (if applicable)
Once your request is approved, you will be contacted to arrange a shipment date by FedEX Priority Overnight.
Immediately upon receipt of specimens, please document the following by email (email@example.com):
- Your FedEX shipper account number will be required
Recipient Scientists are required to acknowledge the Legacy Tumor Bank in any presentations and publications resulting from the use of samples as follows:
- Date and time of receipt
- Condition of specimens upon arrival (i.e., dry ice present, samples satisfactory)
- Individual acknowledgements:
Joseph Frascella, PhD, Vice President of Research, Legacy Tumor Bank, Legacy Research Institute
Danielle Osborne, PhD, Associate Staff Scientist, Legacy Tumor Bank, Legacy Research Institute
- Institution acknowledgements:
Legacy Tumor Bank, Legacy Research Institute, Legacy Health, Portland, Oregon.
- Recipient Scientists must also provide an annual report on any new publications, presentations, or patent applications related to the use of samples.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE LEGACY TUMOR BANK!