From the desk of Melinda Muller, M.D., interim Chief Medical Officer, Legacy Health
Stanford WellMD physician well-being
The Stanford WellMD & WellPhD Center is offering a free virtual six-session course designed for physicians who are directing and leading local physician well-being efforts. Utilizing the Stanford Model of Professional FulfillmentTM, this course will equip leaders with the skills and tools necessary to catalyze changes at the local level in departments, divisions, practices, sites, and groups to achieve the greatest impact, as they initiate or expand focus on physician fulfillment and well-being. Throughout the course, participants will have the opportunity to experiment with course content and resources in robust small group exercises during the sessions and apply these in their organizations between sessions. Target course participants include physician well-being directors, chiefs, chairs, medical directors, wellness committee leaders, quality improvement leaders, program improvement leaders, residency program directors, and others who are able to influence physician well-being in their organizations.
- List the factors that contribute to physician well-being
- Interpret the current organizational science on promoting professional fulfillment
- Develop familiarity with evidence-based approaches to promote professional fulfillment for physicians using a framework that includes culture of wellness, efficiency of practice, and personal resilience
- Recognize the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in achieving the goals of professional fulfillment and well-being
- Utilize effective methods to gain peer and leadership collaboration
- Identify and evaluate the local needs of physicians
- Integrate basic principles of improvement science into approaching local physician well-being initiatives
Preliminary dates and details:
- Six sessions: July 12-August 16, 2021, 3-5:30 p.m. followed by an optional 30 minutes of networking time after the educational session (six weeks of consecutive sessions on Mondays), All sessions conducted virtually on Zoom. Core curriculum with small-group exercises.
- Six sessions: October 14-November 18, 2021, 3-5:30 p.m. followed by an optional 30 minutes of networking time after the educational session (six weeks of consecutive sessions on Mondays), All sessions conducted virtually on Zoom. Core curriculum with small-group exercises.
In support of improving patient care, Stanford Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Stanford Medicine designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For activity related questions or more information, please click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.