Medical staff credentialing and privileging
The primary function of Medical Staff Services is to perform medical staff and credentialing functions for all hospitals associated with Legacy Health.
The Legacy Health medical staff is comprised of over 3,200 providers from both employed and community practices. This includes:
- Nurse practitioners
- Nurse midwives
- Allied health practitioners
Legacy's System-wide Credentialing Verification Services (SCVS) personnel perform all of the primary source verification for all health care practitioners within Legacy Health.
This information is then forwarded to Medical Staff Services personnel located at each facility to complete the credentialing and privilege reviews for membership and/or privileges. Legacy's Medical Staff Services Department uses an online program to manage credentialing and privileging applications.
New Applicants: What You Should Know
If you are a new medical staff applicant, a credentialing specialist with the SCVS will assist you with the credentialing application process, including providing access to your Practitioner Home Page (PHP).
Credentialing application steps:
- Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
- Requests are processed in 1-2 business days. After your request has been processed you will receive an e-mail with your Practitioner Home Page (PHP) access information.
- Complete the application and supporting documents as outlined on your Practitioner Home Page (PHP).
- You may check the status of your application by logging into your PHP at any time.
You need the following documentation to complete the application and supporting documents:
- All professional licenses in Oregon and Washington and other states (as applicable)
- DEA certificate
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume covering your work history for the last five (5) years
- Malpractice Insurance Certificate and names of any other insurance carriers during the last five (5) years
Our focus on wellness
We value provider wellness. Check out commitment to and resources for providers.