Interventional radiology services
Legacy's vascular and interventional radiologists are leaders in the field of interventional radiology (IR), in which minimally-invasive treatments use the images from computer tomography (CT), fluoroscopy, rotational X-ray, ultrasound or MRI.
These images help the interventional radiologist to guide catheters, wires, balloons and stents inside the body to the targeted vessel, organ, or cavity. IR procedures are low risk, and can minimize pain and recovery time compared with traditional surgery.
Legacy's interventional team includes:
- Interventional radiologists who are board-certified physicians with accreditation in vascular, interventional and diagnostic radiology
- Board-certified vascular surgeons with sub-specialty training, and certification in vascular surgery by the American Board of Surgery
Together, these specialists offer a mastery of minimally invasive treatments along with diagnostic and clinical expertise across all medical specialties.
Interventional radiology is available at all Legacy's adult hospitals, with children's services offered as appropriate. We provide a full range of vascular and non-vascular services, including:
- Balloon angioplasty, stenting and surgery for carotid disease
- Biliary drainage and stenting
- Cancer diagnosis and treatments
- Cryoablation/Radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Chemoembolization and Drug-Eluting Bead Therapy
- Intra-arterial cancer treatment
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) treatment
- Endobiliary intervention
- Neurointerventional therapiess
- Aneurysm coiling
- Carotid stenting
- Peripheral Vascular Disease diagnosis and treatment
- Stent-grafting and surgery for aortic aneurysms and ruptured aneurysms of the thoracic and abdominal aorta
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)
- Uterine fibroid/artery embolization/Pelvic congestion syndrome
- Urinary tract intervention
- Vascular trauma
- Varicose vein treatment (laser ablation and sclerotherapy)
- Venous access
- Vertebral body augmentation
Please note that some providers are at multiple locations. Click on a name to see practice locations.