Making an appointment is easy!
If your insurance plan requires a "physician to physician" referral, your doctor needs to arrange your appointment directly with our office. We'll need:
- Patient's name, address and phone number
- Insurance information and authorization
- Referral diagnosis and recent chart notes
You might be able to refer yourself to one of our providers, since many insurance plans don't require a physician-to-physician referral. But before making an appointment with us, please call your insurance company to confirm that you are able to self-refer. If you need help with this, just let us know.
When you call
- Before you call for an appointment, please have these ready:
- Patient's full legal name
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Home and work telephone numbers
- Social security number (optional)
- Insurance information:
- Name, address and telephone number of the insurance company
- Group number and policy numbers
- Name of the insured person
- Place of employment for the insured person
- Medicaid or Medicare card
Legacy clinics accept a variety of health plans. It is your responsibility to contact your insurance company and verify whether we are a covered provider for your plan.
What to bring
- Photo ID
- Insurance card(s)
- Any medication lists
If you need to cancel
We all know that schedules can change. If you can't keep your appointment for any reason, please call the office as soon as possible so we can fit in other patients.
Legacy has access to interpreters for nearly 100 languages, so if you feel more comfortable in a non-English language we may be able to provide an interpreter. Please notify the office staff that you need an interpreter as soon as you know the date and time of your visit. There is no charge to you for this service.