Pain Management Right and Responsibilities
Home : Services & Resources : Services : Adult Services A-Z : Pain management : Pain Management Right and Responsibilities
Your Role in Managing Pain
As a patient at a Legacy Health hospital, you can expect:
- Information about pain and pain relief measures.
- A concerned staff committed to pain prevention.
- Health professionals who respond quickly to reports of pain.
- State-of-the-art pain management.
- Pain expressions will be believed.
Legacy Health expects that you will:
- Ask your doctor or nurse what to expect.
- Discuss pain relief options with your doctors and nurses.
- Work with your doctors and nurses to make a pain relief plan.
- Ask for pain relief drugs when the pain first begins.
- Help the doctor and nurse measure your pain.
- Tell the doctor or nurse about any pain that will not go away.
- Not worry about getting "hooked" on pain medication.
For more information, see Pain Management.