Legacy’s Doula program for Medicaid patients giving birth at Randall Children’s Hospital Family Birth Center
For professional doulas
Verified Doula Badge for community doulas & midwives:
Legacy supports professional doulas as part of the Legacy Care Team on all our Family Birth Center units. Professional doulas are not considered visitors. These doulas will wear a purple badge titled “Verified Doula”. This badge means the doula has met the criteria to receive a badge and can support their clients at any Legacy facility as a part of our care team. These badges only allow the doula access to care for their clients during labor and one-hour postpartum. Legacy’s one support person only policy is still in place for a planned or unplanned cesarean birth (no doulas in the OR unless they are the one support person chosen).
How to get a Verified Doula badge:
For Professional Doulas only, please provide at least one or more of the following to demonstrate professional doula/midwife verification. The more points of verification you can provide, the faster we can expedite approval for access to Legacy’s Family Birth Center(s). Once you have registered, a staff member will email you with next steps.
- PDF of completed doula training from an established and approved doula program
- Traditional Health Worker Registry approval- THW link or approval letter acceptable
- PDF of doula certification
- Link to bio on your professional doula website
- Link to DoulaMatch profile
- Other proof of doula training and/or professional work (outside of U.S)
o Must list professional doula trainer contact
- Community Birth Midwives as Doulas (transport):
o Provide CNM, CPM, LDM, DE, Naturopathic/Family Practice, or Traditional certification verification
o Provide OMC contact/membership status for referral as needed
Please note: once you are approved, you will need to go to a Legacy Security Office to receive a badge (in-person).
You must always wear your badge upon entry and while at Legacy to not be counted as a visitor. No badge= No entry unless you are the one designated visitor. Your badge gives you access to all six Legacy medical centers.
Family Birth Center Visitor Policy
Verified Doula Badge Policy
Legacy Verified Doula FAQ
For candidates who want to contract with Legacy as a THW Doula:
Legacy Health Systems is hiring a diverse and skilled group of doulas to provide prenatal, intrapartum and postpartum doula care to pregnant patients on Medicaid through Legacy clinics at Randall Children’s Hospital Family Birth Center.Download our application here
12/6 Info session:
- Session #1: Doula Care 101 & Doulaing during a pandemic (1 hr)
- Session #2: Collaborative Best Practices and Advanced Doula Care ( 2.25 hrs)
- Session #3: Doula Advocacy and Building bridges for better births (1 hr)
- Session #4: The Power & Science of Co-regulation (45 min)
- Session #5: Doulas and Medical Literacy: how to support informed decision making (30min)
- Session #6: Centering the patient: making motions to be anti-racist by Dr. Smitha Chadaga (30 min)
Choose your Legacy Doula
We want to match you with a doula who will make you feel safe, someone who will respect you, your family, and your birthing experience. We want you to feel positive about being a parent—whether it’s your first or fifth time!