Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center
How to get here
Three parking garages available. Ask for parking validation at the clinic or department you visit. On-street, metered parking also available in neighborhood.
- Valet parking
Available at main entrance, N.W. 22nd Avenue and Marshall Street
- Public transit
Visit TriMet or call 503-238-7433
- Security escorts and lost & found
- Gift shop
Up the stairway from the main lobby or call 503-413-7373
No tobacco or smoking on our campus, please
Safety and security
- Patients and visitors must pass through a metal detector and consent to bag search before entry.
- Prohibited items are not allowed. These include: weapons (including those accompanied by carrying permits), sharp objects and illegal substances. Please note bag size limits before visiting.
- We adhere to a zero-tolerance policy. To learn more: Safety Signage Zero Tolerance.
Where to eat
- Patients choose from a menu.
- Guests may order from a special menu.
- Cafeteria, espresso bar/snack bar and vending machines in the hospital
- Restaurants, coffee shops and grocery stores nearby
Where to stay
- There are several options for hotels and housing in the Downtown and Northwest Portland areas.
- Some hotels may have discounted rates for Legacy patients and family — please call the hotel for details.
- Please note: Legacy has no relationship or connection to these businesses and cannot offer recommendations.
- Emergency Department Entrance
N.W. 23rd Ave.
- Life-threatening emergencies
- Children’s emergencies
Call 911 or visit Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel
- Mental health emergencies
Call 911, contact the mental health crisis line in your area or visit the Unity Center for Behavioral Health website for more information.
About Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center
Known as “Good Sam,” Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center was founded in 1875 on the same spot it sits today in the heart of charming, historic Northwest Portland. Legacy Good Samaritan is now one of the region’s most advanced medical centers and a magnet for specialty services. We also have a colorful healing garden and a hidden gem of a gift shop, both open to all.