Hearing, Balance, and Dizziness
What are dizziness and balance disorders?
Problems with dizziness and balance can be described in many ways including spinning, rocking sensation, lightheadedness, or difficulty maintaining balance.
There are a range of tests to help diagnose hearing, dizziness and balance disorders. Legacy Vestibular and Audiology Lab at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center offers advanced, complete testing. After the testing, we explain the results and offer your doctor recommendations for treatment.
All testing is performed by doctoral-level audiologists in a caring, comfortable environment. Our department works closely with Legacy physical therapists who specialize in treating dizziness and balance disorders.
For our younger patients, we partner with Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel to provide state-of-the-art testing and newborn hearing screening
Legacy Clinical Audiology and Vestibular Lab's services include:
- Video-nystagmography (VNG)
- Fistula Testing (VNG Pressure/Valsalva)
- Computerized Dynamic Posturography
- Rotary Chair Studies
- Electrocochleography (ECoG)
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential Testing (VEMP)
- Neurodiagnostic Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR)
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE)
Legacy Rehabilitation Services provides many treatments for balance issues, including:
- Balance strategy instruction
- Sensory organization training
- Vestibular and/or visual adaptation therapy
- Canalithic repositioning