CANCER CLASSES AND GROUPS
Helping ease your journey.
Legacy Cancer Institute provides a range of groups and classes to support you and your family through the diagnosis, treatment and recovery of cancer. These support groups and classes provide ongoing education, activities and emotional support for individuals whose lives are touched by cancer. Our holistic approach sets us apart, because we understand that you have a life, not just a diagnosis.
Our classes and groups
Classes are offered at a variety of times and locations. Our events are canceled on the following days: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, “Black Friday” and Christmas Day. If schools in the area are closed due to inclement weather, groups will be canceled.
Movement, exercise, mind/body and art classes
Movement and exercise
- Step into Fitness: A Nutrition and Exercise Program
- Pilates for Individuals with Cancer
- Qi Gong/T'ai Chi for Individuals with Cancer
- Yoga for Individuals with Cancer
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Eating to Heal: Adopting an Anti-Cancer Eating Style
- Gardening Workshop for Individuals with Cancer
- Nature Walk and Stenzel Healing Garden Tour
- Look Good, Feel Better
- Pop-Up Open Art Studio
- Expressions of Healing: Art and Community
- Felting Workshop
- Finding Center: Art Making for Mindfulness and Stress Reduction
- Poetry for Healing: A Writing Workshop for Healing from Cancer
Cancer support groups
Brain Tumor Support Group
Breast Cancer Support Group
Gynecological Cancer Support Group
Head and Neck Cancer Support Group
Prostate Cancer Support Group
Women's Advanced/Metastatic Cancer Support Group
For more information about a class or support group
Click here to sign-up for e-mail updates about our groups and classes. We send updates when our new schedule comes out every 6-months. You can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, call 503-413-7284.