Wound and Ostomy care
Home : Health Services & Information : Health Services : For Adults A-Z : Wound and ostomy care : Chronic wound referral types
Referrals to our chronic wound clinic
Patients with hard-to-heal wounds require specially trained staff to care for their physical, emotional and social needs.
Referral types include:
- Wounds that are not improving after several weeks of treatment
- Wounds that have not been seen by a provider for a long time
- Wounds that you may want a second opinion on
- Wounds that require more extensive debridement
- Complex wounds requiring multidisciplinary management
- LE wounds requiring long term compression and OT follow up (OTs typically see these patients soon after admission and work with them intermittently over a period of weeks to ensure successful long term compression. We have kept many patients free of recurrence for years).
- Wounds that may require surgical closure through advancement flaps, free flaps, grafting or other methods