Court-ordered classes by TNTT
Seatbelts, Distracted Driving and More
Seatbelts, Distracted Driving and More focuses on the importance of seatbelt use, the risks of distracted driving and child passenger safety. The intended audience includes individuals who have received a citation for failure to wear a seatbelt, use of a handheld device and improperly restraining a child in the automobile. Led by a trauma nurse, this two-hour course illustrates the connection between traffic laws and the preservation of human life.
The course includes the following topics:
- The relationship between traffic laws, car safety features and the prevention of trauma.
- The significant impact crash-related trauma has on quality of life.
- The science of distraction.
- Best practices in child passenger safety.
- Proper seatbelt use.
- Skills and tools that develop ownership and responsibility for decisions behind the wheel.
- Registration in advance is required. Click here to search for class availability and register online.
- Classes fill up very quickly, so please register as soon as possible.
- You are required to submit payment at the time of registration. If you cannot register online, please call (503) 413-4960 or email us for assistance.
- A citation number is required at registration to receive a certificate of completion.
- We welcome the public to attend our program for education free of charge; education participants do not receive a certificate of completion. Please do not bring children under age 12.
NOTE - If you must reschedule, please ensure that you remain within your compliance date with the court. Some courts require contacting them to reschedule. It is the responsibility of the individual to adhere to any restrictions and regulations set by the court.
On the day of class:
- Class begins promptly at 7:00pm. It is suggested to arrive at least 30 minutes early to sign in.
- Doors are locked after the start of class. Late arrivals require rescheduling. Refunds are not issued for late arrival.
- Photo Identification is required at sign in.
- The course is 2 hours in length. There are no breaks. You are welcome to bring drinks and snacks to the course.
- Legacy Emanuel Medical Center and Randall Children’s Hospital is a non-smoking campus.
- Class closures due to inclement weather are released using the same avenues as school closures; this information is available on all local news channels, websites and via the Flash Alert website.