How to apply to the program
Applications to our program are accepted via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Paper applications will not be accepted. Contact the dean’s office at your medical school or the ERAS website for information about registering on ERAS. We participate in the National Resident Matching Program and do not take residents outside this program.
We offer career pathways in categorical medicine.
Information to submit
In order to be considered for a position in our program, the following information should be submitted via ERAS:
- Completed ERAS application
- Personal statement
- Current photograph
- Medical school transcripts
- MSPE (dean’s letter)
- Three letters of recommendation
- The application deadline for our program is the third Friday in December
- We prefer exam scores above 190 on USMLE and/or 525 on COMLEX. You must have passed USMLE/COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 on the first attempt. It is recommended that applicants have Step 2 scores prior to interviewing. Students with lower exam scores are also welcome to apply as we will follow a holistic approach in offering interviews.
- Although we prefer USMLE scores, we will accept COMLEX
- You must have graduated from medical school, and have current clinical experience within the past year.
- You must be ECFMG certified at the time of application unless you are a current student
- Applicants who are not U.S. citizens are responsible for obtaining governmental authorization to work and are expected to pay all expenses associated with obtaining such authorization, except those expenses for which the institution is legally required to pay
- We do not sponsor visas but will accept an ECFMG sponsored J1
- We do not offer observerships or externships
Interviews at Legacy
- Interviews for the 2022-23 recruitment season will be conducted virtually, from October 2021 through January 2022
- Invitations to interview are sent after a complete application is received and reviewed
- The interview consists of a group orientation, individual interviews with faculty and the program director, and opportunities to speak with faculty and attending providers.
Other education and career planning resources
- Search for residency and fellowship programs with FREIDA Online, the AMA Residency & Fellowship Database. FREIDA Online contains profiles of over 10,000 residency and fellowship programs, each accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.