Hospice and grief support
Locations and providers
Home : Services & Resources : Services : Adult Services A-Z : Hospice and grief support : Locations and providers
Your care will include a team of professionals including:
- Your physician: Will continue to direct your care through your hospice nurse and by office visits when needed.
- Hospice nurse and physician: Coordinates your care with other team members.
- Hospice social worker: Provides counseling and emotional support as requested; identifies community resources.
- Bereavement counselor: Counsels family, provides grief education and hosts memorial events.
- You may be offered the assistance of a spiritual or dietary counselor, a physical, occupational or speech therapist and/or other aides or assistants. Your team will give you more information about their roles and responsibilities. Volunteers also play an important part in hospice care.