Joint Replacement Surgery
Patient Resources and Education
Pre-surgery class and surgery notebook
Attend a preparation class
We require all patients who are undergoing total joint surgery attend our preparation class.
In the class you will:
- Learn how to prepare for surgery
- Learn about your recovery, pain management and how to prevent complications
- Meet with physical and occupational therapy, nursing and social services representatives
- Learn more about setting up for home recovery and the types of special equipment needed
- Receive a patient handbook to better prepare you for surgery
Once scheduled for surgery, your surgeon’s office will give you information about signing up for a pre-surgery class.
Patient handbook (hip/knee)
To guide you through your total joint surgery, download our surgery guidebook.