Legacy Emanuel celebrates expansion
Children sang, leaders and dignitaries spoke and two Legacy leaders operated dueling backhoes. This week, Legacy broke ground on a major expansion at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center.
The $210 million expansion project officially kicked off with the June 6 ground-breaking ceremony. The project — called Emanuel West — is a new four-story, seismically-upgraded facility with operating rooms and procedural suites to accommodate cardiac services, and other inpatient and outpatient surgeries.
Additionally, the Legacy Oregon Burn Center will relocate to the new facility. The project includes 340,000 square-feet of expansion, including the new 260,000 square-foot building and 80,000 square feet of remodeled space. New features include:
– Larger operating room suites with standardized equipment
– A cardiovascular intensive care unit
– Seven state-of-the-art cardiovascular catheterization lab suites
– Electronic perioperative tracking system
– Spacious family waiting areas
– New MRIs to accommodate anesthetized patients
– A larger central sterile processing unit
– 100 additional parking spaces with central elevators with lobby access
For more information: Vicki Guinn, Legacy Emanuel Public Relations, email@example.com, 503-413-2939.
Photos: Corky Miller Photography