Heart services and locations
We offer educational, therapeutic and diagnostic heart services at all six Legacy Health medical centers, with Legacy Emanuel serving as the flagship hospital for advanced treatment and open-heart surgery. Whether you are in Silverton to Tualatin to Portland to Vancouver, Washington, you can experience convenient, compassionate heart care with our cardiologists close to home.
We provide care for:
How’s your heart?
- Heart disease is a silent killer and the No. 1 cause of death in adults. It is also the No. 1 killer of women. We can help you prevent heart disease with our Know Your Numbers wellness screenings. Know Your Numbers is quick, inexpensive and available at various locations in the greater Portland, Tualatin and Vancouver metropolitan area. Legacy can also come to your workplace and check your whole office, at a discounted price. Do you know your numbers?
- Do you smoke? You can stop. We know quitting may seem overwhelming, but it is very important that you do so to prevent heart disease and other health problems. We have resources to help you quit. You can do it! Try following these steps from The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.
Continually advanced techniques
Our highly skilled physicians employ the most advanced techniques in diagnostic, interventional cardiology and cardiac surgery.
- For nearly 50 years, Legacy Heart Services has been saving lives. We deliver a complete cardiovascular circle of care with the patient at the center, and achieve outcomes that exceed national standards. See our performance results in the Cardiovascular surgery: Overview and outcomes report.
Distinctions for quality of care
Accreditations and certifications are expert third-party endorsements of quality of care. If you're looking for the best place for treatment, you can trust Legacy Heart Services. These Legacy Heart Services' awards and honors demonstrate high quality, which means you'll get the right treatment, at the right time, according to the best and latest research. In considering where you get your care, please review the awards and accreditations for any health system.
Exceptional heart care for children
The Children’s Heart Program at Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel is affiliated with the Pediatric Cardiology Center of Oregon, a major center for children with heart disease. We offer the most advanced regional capabilities for treating heart disorders in children, featuring:
- An advanced pediatric cardiovascular center for children with congenital heart disease
- A 45-bed neonatal intensive care unit
- Oregon's first full-service 24-hour emergency room for children