Massage for health and healing
Massage therapy can help you heal from injuries, and from symptoms and side effects from illnesses such as cancer. A licensed massage therapist at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center has special certification to work with cancer patients. With massage, you can also lessen stress, decrease pain, gain better blood flow and move more freely.
Benefits of massage
- Relaxes muscles and lowers tension
- Increases joint movement and flexibility
- Aids sleep
- Helps immune function
- Aids the body in ridding itself of metabolic waste
- Helps to calm
- Lowers stress and anxiety
- Promotes a feeling of well-being
- Offers a caring touch in a safe setting
- Supports participation in fitness and exercise
- Adds to elasticity of scar tissue
- Adds moisture with oil or lotion
- Helps maintain strength and flexibility lost to aging
Types of massage
- Relaxation and stress-lowering
- Deep tissue
- Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
Josh Casey, a licensed massage therapist, studied at the Oregon School of Massage and received specialized oncology massage training at OHSU. He offers Swedish, deep tissue, sports and relaxation massage. Massage can help ease symptoms and side effects of illness such as cancer and fibromyalgia. It can also reduce stress, fatigue and nausea, while strengthening your immune system.
To make an appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call 503-413-6698.
Some insurance plans may pay you back for medically prescribed therapy. Please call your insurer to learn if massage is covered. At the time of your appointment, please pay by check, credit card or debit card.