Legacy Health Partners - News & Updates
Delivering value and improving health
Network spotlight: Ophthalmology Providers in your LHP Network
We will be highlighting different specialties in our network each month to help with awareness and build community across our network.
Did you know that Legacy Health Partners has a robust network of Ophthalmologists in our network?
We know how important this specialty is for the health of your patients and we have you covered no matter where your patients live. Please consider keeping your LHP patients in the network where we know they will get amazing quality care.
Click below to see our LHP ophthalmologists’ websites with providers and locations:
- Legacy Devers Eye Institute: Eye Care | Legacy Devers Eye Institute | Legacy Health
- Eyehealth Northwest, PC.: Eye Care Portland | Ophthalmologist Portland | Cataracts Portland Oregon (ehnpc.com)
- Glaucoma Associates and Consultants, PC: Home (deversglaucoma.com)
- Northwest Eye Associates-Jennifer Balentine, MD: Home (vpweb.com)
- Lyons Eye: Home - Lyons Eye Care
- The Portland Clinic: Doctors - The Portland Clinic
- Vancouver Clinic: Ophthalmology | Vancouver Clinic (tvc.org)
- Vancouver Eye Care, PS: Vancouver Eye Care
Save the date: Clinical Implications of Wildfires and How To Prevent Them
On Thursday, September 7, LHP will host its second Clinical Collaboration event of the year, “Clinical Implications of Wildfires and How To Prevent Them.” Wildfires have significant implications for the cardiovascular and respiratory health of adults.
This presentation will focus on the detrimental effects of wildfires on the cardiovascular and respiratory health of adults, particularly those with pre-existing chronic diseases. It will highlight the importance of understanding these effects, implementing preventive measures, and developing targeted interventions to protect vulnerable populations. By addressing the health risks associated with wildfires, we can strive towards a healthier and more resilient society.
Save the date for Thursday, September 7th from 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the Meridian Park Community Health Education Center building. More details are coming soon from your Provider Outreach and Engagement Advisor.
Provider learning modules now available – no login required!
As a reminder, providers and practice administrators should complete their 10-minute Clinical Integration Education by September 30th if you haven’t already.
Providers can also earn points toward their clinical integration score by viewing a provider learning module from our growing list of topics by December 31st. Providers only need to complete one module. Each module provides detailed information from subject matter experts on a wide range of clinically relevant topics. Click on our new webpage to see descriptions to choose from with direct, easy-to-access links to the videos. You won’t need to login to view the videos. Be sure to enter your name in the form that pops up after the video ends so we can track your completion.
As part of LHP’s commitment to health equity and meeting the needs of our diverse patient population, providers who attend one of the Health Equity sessions (held during the 2023 calendar year, not previous events) or view the online recording can count that toward your provider learning module this year. If you are interested but missed one of these Health Equity speaker series held so far this year, you can access the recordings here.
- A Deep Dive into the Disparity Index: Breast cancer screening in Black and African American women
- Food Security: An Essential Ingredient in Health Equity
- Birthing Change: Reducing Racial Disparities in Perinatal and Birth Outcomes
- Take Pride: Gender Affirming Care for Youth
IMPORTANT: If you attended the live health equity event, LHP will track your credit automatically. If you view the recording, you must email LegacyHealthPartners@lhs.org so we can track your completion.
Announcements, deadlines, and reminders
- Practice administrators can complete their responses for membership requirements and practice-level citizenship measures in this year’s attestation form (also linked on your LHP dashboard) any time before September 30. You do not need to login separately to submit your responses and only questions that are relevant to you and your practice will display. If you have questions, please contact your outreach advisor.
- Providers and administrators can view 2023 performance data on their Clinical Integration Dashboard. Tip sheets are on our Team Site to help you access the reports that are available to you.
- Legacy recently announced that it has entered into an agreement to sell select assets of its outreach laboratory business to Labcorp, a publicly-traded global leader of innovative and comprehensive laboratory service. Labcorp will also manage Legacy’s inpatient hospital laboratories through a long-term agreement under which Labcorp will provide staffing and leadership, scientific expertise, analytics, supply chain services, and laboratory support.
- Several Legacy Medical Group clinics are changing locations, expanding services and more between now and the end of September. These changes are aimed at enhancing our patient care, meeting location-specific patient demands and staffing levels, and contributing to our financial containment efforts. Learn more about these various clinic moves.
- As the Public Health Emergency (PHE) comes to an end, the Medicaid program is undergoing a nationwide effort to redetermine the eligibility of its members.
- In Oregon, the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) is leading this initiative, beginning with outreach to Medicaid members to update their contact information in preparation for the notification to re-enroll.
- In Washington, the Washington State Health Care Authority (WSHCA) is managing redetermination.
- Learn more about the patient outreach campaigns and how you can support this effort.
- Health Share of Oregon announced this week that one of their vendors experienced a data breach, resulting in unauthorized access to more than 500,000 members’ personal information including social security numbers. There is no action needed on your part unless you receive an inquiry from a patient about this. Health Share asks that you can refer them to the letter that the patient should have received from Health Share and their vendor PH Tech that outlines detailed steps they should take to protect their personal information.
- You are likely aware of the devastating tragedy that occurred on Saturday, July 22nd at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center. Bobby Smallwood, one of our dedicated safety and security officers, was tragically shot and killed while protecting our patients and employees. Another staff member was injured in the shooting and is in stable condition. It’s important to know that the suspect is no longer a threat, and no patients were physically injured in the incident. You can learn more about this incident and read a statement from Kathryn Correia, CEO and President, that includes immediate security actions we’re taking following this incident.